Lower Providence, PA
The site containing the historic St. Gabriel’s Hall is 56 acres. The landmark building, originally constructed in the 1890’s as a home to troubled boys, is visible from many locations from nearby Valley Forge National Park and Route 422. The project entails the adaptive re-use of St. Gabriel’s Hall and the adjacent wings. Almost all of the existing structure will be adaptively re-used for multi-family residential apartments, and associated common spaces. Currently, the St. Gabriel’s complex is organized around a vast courtyard. Within this courtyard, new 5-story multi-family infill buildings are planned; this effectively divides the barren existing open space into four more scalable and specifically programmed amenity spaces.
Estimated Completion: 2025