Careers at BartonPartners
BartonPartners Architects Planners, Inc. is an integrated design firm, specializing in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, and interior design. We work on a variety of project types and scales, including but not limited to multi-family, mixed use, hospitality, and commercial. With over 70 employees, we are always looking for talented team players who desire to be part of an award winning design firm.
In addition to a competitive salary structure and an excellent benefits package, we offer unique work settings in both Norristown, PA and Center City, Philadelphia.
All inquiries should send their resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit file sizes to 5MB. No phone calls please.
Architectural Project Manager
Looking for a promising career opportunity with an award-winning organization? BartonPartners Architects Planners, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary architecture, planning, and urban design firm specializing in residential and mixed-use projects of various scales. Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Architecture
- Professional Registration required
- Multi-Family Residential experience required
- 8+ years’ overall architectural experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing multiple projects and staff
- Experience in schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Must have an interest in expanding business skills (i.e. proposal writing, fee generation, scheduling, and invoicing)
- Knowledge of building codes
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture
- Revit experience considered a plus
- LEED accreditation considered a plus
Looking for a hands-on accounting professional who works closely with the firm’s Principals and Project Managers in all areas of finance, human resources, and general office management. He/she will participate with the Management Committee in strategic planning and will execute programs to achieve stated goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise a small staff (2-3) in all financial activities, including payroll, billing, accounts payable, project accounting and general ledger. As well as contract administration, human resources, and office management.
- Cash management
- Financial analysis
- Monthly financial, managerial and project reporting
- Coordinate and monitor operational budgets, capital budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in weekly and/or monthly Senior Management meetings to report on the firm’s financial position and participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Coordination and communication regarding annual audit by an outside CPA firm.
- Develop and/or revise policies to improve efficiency and assure optimal internal controls.
- Administration of the firm’s 401k retirement plan.
- Coordinate annual health benefits open enrollment and interim maintenance, including recommending changes to the firm’s benefit offerings.
- Conduct new hire on-boarding duties, educating them on all available benefits.
- Maintain/update the firm’s employee manual as policies and benefits change over time.
- Ensure the firm’s compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Investigate potential employee problems, while providing guidance and recommendations for resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years’ experience, preferably in the architecture, engineering, or professional servicesfields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and confident demeanor
- Self-starter with the ability to develop strong collaborative skills
- Highly organized and energetic
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple requests in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and cheerful attitude
- Creative and inspired